8 fighters, 7 fights and only 1 winner!
Eight fighters battle it out to become the Total Combat champion, in an all-action elimination tournament where fighters are not just against their opponent, but against the clock!
Devised by promoter Francis Warren, the first episode of this new series will be aired on BT Sport, March 18. Reruns will feature on BoxNation.
Don't have x-shockwave-flash installed? Watch Frank Warren Presents: Total Combat on YouTube
Here are some key points to know about Total Combat:
- It is a one night, eight man elimination tournament.
- Each fight is a single, fast-paced, six minute round.
- Fighters have no breaks for rest or words of encouragement.
- As the time elapses in each bout, the prize money on offer goes down.
- A random 30 second 'BLITZ' Period features, where prize money increases if victory is secured in that time.
- If there is no stoppage in a round, the winner is judged by the referee.
With six minutes on the clock, stamina, drive and conviction are essential to beat the opponent. The prize money on offer is linked to a countdown clock and decreases with each passing minute.
A falling jackpot is the incentive for fighters to win as quickly as possible by stopping their opponent. The total prize money on offer increases with every round.
To add to the action, the 'BLITZ' Period increases prize money if one of the contestants can secure a knockout victory within 30 seconds!
The fighters must rely on their own physical and mental strength to overcome their challenger, as they go all out to win the maximum prize on offer and move on to the next round.
Tune in to BT Sport on March 18 to check out the action. Four more episodes have been commissioned for this series, produced by BoxNation.