Antonio Orozco gets the chance to leap from relative obscurity when he challenges hugely popular WBC Super-Lightweight Champion, Jose Ramirez this Friday.
Here are 10 facts about the challenger who is aiming to ruin Ramirez’s first defence in their BoxNation televised-tussle.
1) As an amateur he won a silver medal at the National Junior Olympics at 138lbs in 2003, and a bronze medal a year later.
2) Although he lives in San Diego he was born in Los Angeles.
3) The family business is truck serving which is run by his father and younger brother. His mother does the accounts and also works part-time for Avon.
4) His family moved around often and he spent the first four years of his schooling in US-Mexico border city, Tecate when he lived with an uncle.
5) He took up boxing aged 10 when he was living in Kansas.
6) Although his dad wanted him to be a footballer, he tried wrestling but turned to boxing because; "Those tight uniforms do not work."
7) He had 120 amateur fights and says he "lost 25-30 times".
8) He married wife Caudia in July 2010. Thye have three sons Antonio, Jose, Luca and daughter Natalie.
9) When he failed to make wait for a fight with Fidel Maldonado Jr in December 2016 it cost him a shot at Terence Crawford.
10) Antonio has been floored just once in his career. That was in the first round of his fight against Josh Beeman in July 2011, but bounced back to win in the third round.