Future hall of famer Bernard Hopkins has taken to his Twitter account to clarify the situation about his next fight.
Hopkins had previously hinted there was a surprise in store for his swansong, with the rumour mill speculating Gennady Golovkin, Adonis Stevenson and Artur Beterbiev were the potential front runners.
I fought @KrusherKovalev he's a great strong tough fighter!!! He's a great champ and friend.— BERNARD HOPKINS EX (@THEREALBHOP) February 23, 2016
It's was talk about me and @GGGBoxing!! I would've came down and he would've came up. I did accept the fight— BERNARD HOPKINS EX (@THEREALBHOP) February 23, 2016
Now this @AdonisSuperman isn't a real champ!! I said I fight him in Canada. He don't want to fight me!!! He want to rematch a guy he beat.👎🏾— BERNARD HOPKINS EX (@THEREALBHOP) February 23, 2016
The WBC World Light-Heavyweight Champion Stevenson is said to be close to agreeing terms for a rematch with Andrzej Fonfara in June.
It would appear Bhop’s next fight is far from finalised as he looks for a big night to close an illustrious career.
Failure for Golovkin to land the Canelo or Khan winner later this year could potentially open the door for the bout, could the feared Kazakh KO King become the first man to stop ‘The Alien’?